Planning & Zoning Commission – 2021 – 2 year Term
- Graduated New York State Maritime College with a BS Nuclear Science,
- Held a US Coast Guard Third Assistant Engineer’s Unlimited Steam and Motor License,
- Honorably Discarded from the US Naval Reserve Rank Lieutenant,
- Worked at Electric Boat for 3 years as a design engineer,
- Worked at Millstone Power Station in the Quality Assurance/Control and Licensing organizations. Retired after 42 years,
- CT resident for 49 years,
- Salem resident for 24 years.
- 18 years supervisory/management experience,
- 42 years experience analyzing, interpreting, implementing, and insuring compliance with complex State, and Federal technical and environmental regulations,
- 39 years experience interfacing, including written and oral communication, with all levels of Millstone management, Local, State and Federal agencies,
- Coached Salem and Colchester youth sports,
- Taught kids classes at Cornerstone School of Karate since 2003,
- Actively involved for 23 years in Salem Boy Scouts/Venture Crew,
- Help Special Olympics CT put on their fall sailing regatta,
- Delivered food for the Salem food bank during the pandemic,
- Volunteer for East Lyme Care and Share during the pandemic,
- Volunteered at the Salem Library Used Book Sale the last 2 years.
I will work to ensure the Planning and Zoning regulations reflect the wishes of the townspeople of Salem and keep the town of Salem a great place to live.
I have been training at the Cornerstone School of Karate since September 1999 and teaching since November 2003 when I earned my Black Belt. I have also volunteered for the book sale activities for the last 2 years.